To ensure a high quality of life for current and future generations, it is important for us to take a holistic approach to how we view the environment, to protect it, and to use but not exploit it. That's because we as humans live on planet earth and draw on it for sustenance while seeking to prevent its destruction.
For this reason, the management team at the ERNI Group made the decision to introduce and maintain a DIN EN ISO 14001-compliant environmental management system.
Our goal here was to systematize, efficiently coordinate, and further expand our activities to protect the environment. This is part of our commitment to environmental protection, and we will make every effort possible to improve in this area now and into the future within the financial possibilities available to us.
In line with our corporate values and environmental policy we feel a sense of responsibility to protect the environment and see this as a challenge as well.
As an industrial company operating in a region offering a wide range of recreational activities, we have a strong obligation to environmental protection. That is why management has made it its goal to minimize the impact of our business activities on the environment. Our goal is to practice an active environmental policy that includes recycling and the conservation of non-renewable resources. This policy is based on the following guiding principles:
- We regard active environmental protection as a core component of corporate governance at ERNI and thus take efforts to ensure our goals and rules of conduct are known and observed throughout the company. We follow and seek to exceed the laws, rules and regulations, and standards that apply to us.
- We provide training to our employees in an effort to increase awareness and knowledge about the environment and encourage them to play an active role in protecting the environment through our employee suggestion program and CIP process.
- We assess the environmental impact of new activities, products, processes, and materials before they are rolled out.
- Our goal is to prevent any of our business activities from harming or impacting the environment by employing the best technologies with the aim of exceeding the minimum legal standards where this is financially viable.
- Practices are being put in place to monitor both technical and organizational processes in terms of their compliance with the company's environmental policy that will help us constantly improve.
- We call on our contractual partners to adopt the same environmental standards we do.
- We maintain an open dialog with our customers, government agencies, organizations, and members of the general public regarding the impact of our company's activities on the environment and our achievements in the area of environment protection.