- Fully automated pressfit assembly in conjunction with automated optical inspection (AOI) of the connectors
- Suitable for large formats (1400 x 600 mm, 8 mm thickness, up to 42 layers)
- Process control and monitoring
- Computer-controlled hand-lever pressing
- Logging of pressfitting forces
- Component libraries
- Tools available for all connector designs
- Double-sided assembly and mixed assembly
- Multilayering for all thicknesses
- I/O and wire-wrap
Innovation is what drives us. A pioneer of this solder-free production technology, ERNI is a key driver of pressfit technology and has been a market leader in this area for many years. It is the most cost-effective solution for a large number of applications, and for complex designs where soldering is no longer an option, it is the only one. Solder-free pressfitting combines several advantages: The installed connectors can be replaced easily; the PCBs are not subjected to any thermal stresses; no changes are needed to comply with lead-free processing requirements; and the new technology is extremely reliable.
We will gladly manufacture custom products tailored to your individual needs, in addition to providing a wide range of standard backplanes (CompactPCI, VME, ATCA, etc.). All of the tools and machines required for this are developed and built in-house. The automated units developed by ERNI combine assembly and pressfitting into a single operation, thus increasing productivity.